Sunday, January 10, 2010

Days 9 and 10


Saturday {Out and about} I thought the branches of this tree would make an interesting silhouette.
Photobucket


Sunday {Free day: macro fun}
I tried macro today...lots of fun! I don't have an actual "macro" lens so I held an old lens up to my camera backwards. The first photo is part of my 'spider' plant. The second is a drop coming out of our kitchen faucet. It was much harder to focus than I expected. I tried to capture falling drops of water but was amazed at how many times I missed! The ones I did capture were not in focus. I'll be trying again. Thanks for looking. :)
Photobucket


Photobucket


7 comments:

Sandra said...

Awesome! You'll have to teach me that technique! Love them.

Diana said...

Very cool :) I like the water droplet.

Unknown said...

Good job trying different techniques! I've tried that macro method without good results. I just could not focus. I finally got a reversing ring, but I've barely tried it. I think you've inspired my Monochrome Monday!

Mel said...

very cool macro shots! I'll have to try that technique because I've been wanting a macro lens to play with but so many other things before it on the list lol

365 by K.O.S. Photography said...

All of them are very creative photos. I like the first one of the sun set with the tree's silhouette!

tracysphotos said...

These are great!

Todd Atchison said...

That is very cool!! I love the spider plant. That could be blown up and sold as an abstract gallery piece!!